- Jen at Canine Rehabilitation recommended you because of the quality of your products and your customer support. Spunky and I are glad we took her advice.
- I can tell that there must have been a lot of time and research put into the design of these wheel chairs.
- Our vet was really impressed with the workmanship of your chair- he hung a picture of her in it in his clinic.
- He is very happy and I would like to thank you for making his chair. I am so glad that I was told about your website.
Dog Wheelchairs - Rear Support(Looking for prices?) We've put a lot of thought into the design of our wheelchairs, and tested them extensively before putting them on the market. They have been preferred by veterinarians and clients who have used other brands as they are light weight, easy to use, and multi-functional. Wheelchairs are custom made to your pet's measurements, weight and lifestyle, such as activity level and type of terrain your pet plays on. It normally only takes us 3 days to build your pets wheelchair, plus shipping time. This time may vary as it is based on the number of orders to be filled. Orders are made in the order in which they are received as we feel each pet is equally important We make every effort to assist a wide variety of pets with different disabilities- we have made wheelchairs for canines, felines, goats, bunnies, ferrets, guinea pigs, rats, deer, mini-horses, alpacaes, sheep, pigs, and other exotic pets. If you have a pet with special needs, please contact us to see what we can do to help your pet.
- General Wheelchair Info - Read more on how Doggon' Wheels dog wheelchairs can help rehabilitate your dog.
- Light Weight Frame - Yet strong enough to easily support large breed pets weighing up to 250 pounds. We've made wheelchairs for pets from under a pound to over 250 pounds.
- Pneumatic Wheels- Air filled tires with a sealed maintenance free bearing cartridge to give your pet the most comfortable ride available. Allows your pet to maneuver over a wide variety of terrain- grass, gravel, sand, pavement, and rocky, uneven terrain.
- Stirrups - allow pets without sufficient use of the rear legs to rest their legs comfortably. If the pet is able to move the legs, it allows the pet to exercise the rear legs by kicking back and forth. Note: At any time your pet is in the wheelchair, you have the option of leaving the rear legs up or down, depending on the terrain your pet is walking over and your pet's ability to use its rear legs.
- "Walking" Axle- Allows pets to use the wheelchair with the rear legs down. Our innovative design allows for greater clearance over large obstacles, which is a real bonus for vertically challenged, active pets like our dog Ben.
- Front Harness- Keeps the wheelchair moving in sync with your pet and is designed with your pet's comfort in mind.
- Weight Adjustment- Our wheelchairs are designed to allow you to easily balance your pets weight while in the chair. This unique feature prevents excess pressure being applied to your pets forelimbs and ensures the wheelchair is being used to its maximum potential.
- Adaptable for your pets changing needs - Our Rear Support Wheelchair can easily be converted to a Quad Support wheelchair by adding a Front End Extension.
Rear Support SlingSupport sling is included with your wheelchair purchase- gives you 2 ways to help your pet! Made of ultra thick orthopedic grade neoprene with nylon back on one side and a luxurious fleece lined inner layer for the ultimate in comfort and support. Provides ample support yet does not constrict your pet's natural movements while in the wheelchair. Comfortable, soft neoprene shell with looped webbing support underneath. Also can be used separately as a hand held carrier to assist your pet for short trips to answer nature's call, going up/down stairs, getting in/out of the car, etc. Our support slings are made to order for each pet so that we may accommodate your pet's needs. Designed to allow your pet to urinate and defecate while wearing, keeping your pet cleaner and drier.
Additional InformationPets can urinate and defecate while in the wheelchair. If your pet has a degenerative condition, it is best to begin wheelchair use before your pet loses its ability to walk on its own. This will allow your pet to maintain better muscle tone in both the front and rear legs as the wheelchair allows your pet to exercise more intensely and for a longer duration of time. Wheelchairs make an excellent tool for rehabilitation if your pet may return to walking as you can control the amount of weight your pet places on the rear legs. If your pet has had surgery and only needs to use the wheelchair for short term rehabilitation, call about our leasing program.
Shipping InformationShipping Prices are UPS GROUND, to the East Coast this method is 5-7 business days, if you prefer faster shipping, please call/email for additional shipping options.
Belly StrapsAdditional support ideal for dogs that need additional mid-back/abdomen support: Long Bodied Dogs, Older Dogs, Dogs with mid-upper back injuries.
- $5.00 Small- single strap for Pug type dogs (short in length)
- $12.00 Medium- for Corgis, dachshunds, most small dogs; measurement #3 9-14
- $20.00 Large- Larger corgis, Bassets, GSDs, and large dogs; measurement #3 15
Rear Support Wheelchair Pricing Information - Wheelchairs Include Rear Support and Belly Support Slings
Refer to our Online Measurements Chart or printable Measurement Chart for the measurements needed.
Trying to save money?|
Click here for information on our: